How Do Intraoral Cameras Improve Dental Appointments?
A dental intraoral camera, sometimes called a digital intraoral camera, is one of the most exciting advancements the dentistry field has seen. They enable dentists to have much better access to all the nooks and crannies that make up a mouth. In the past, dentists were left guessing about areas of the teeth and mouth that were not visible during regular inspections, but your typical digital dental intraoral camera has given dentists the world over the opportunity to get an inside, detailed look at your mouth and teeth, which can help preserve the health and vitality of you and your teeth.
The dental intraoral camera is approximately the same size as a dental mirror and is used to explore and take pictures of the inside of your mouth. Digital dental intraoral cameras also have a tiny but powerful light on the end of it that illuminates the area being evaluated. They’re integrated with software programs, enabling dentists to print images of concern with ease.
Dental intraoral cameras are integral to early detection of issues because:
- They can zoom up to 40x the tooth’s size, and they enable dentists to catch problems in the early stages of issues like advancing tooth decay or even periodontal disease.
- Dental intraoral cameras can shed light on lesions, cavities, worn-out fillings, and broken or cracked teeth. They can help dentists to understand a patient’s teeth arrangement and tartar and plaque build-up.
- They’re a tool for dentists and patients. In addition to helping dentists gain access to every part of your mouth, it can also act as an educational tool. We’re passionate about preventative dental care, and our dentists relish any opportunity to work with patients to ensure they have the healthiest smiles possible.
- They can help both the dentist and the patient decide on a treatment plan because we can show you the areas of concern. Again, it also reinforces information about oral care to prevent further damage to your teeth.
- The cameras are also excellent for taking highly detailed photos that can be used for insurance, record keeping, and even this year’s Christmas card.
- They are easy to use and lightweight, further enabling your dentist to reach the areas that are difficult to see.
We offer a variety of services that’ll ensure the health of your smile. Thanks to top-of-the-line technology, like our dental intraoral cameras, we’re able to provide diligent, compassionate, and effective care, giving Markham the most sparkling smiles in Ontario.