Dentures vs. Implants: Pros and Cons
As we age, our teeth and gums may start to deteriorate, leading to the need for false teeth or dentures.
But, whenever you want to replace your lost teeth, do you only think of a standard set of dentures in the glass on the night table?
Where to Get Started with False Teeth Replacements
If you are in the Markham area and need false teeth replacement, finding a trusted dental professional who can guide you through the process is essential.
When you visit your neighbourhood dentist in Markham for false teeth replacement, Dr. Michael Nightingale, our experienced dentist, will inform you about two options for false teeth replacement – dentures and implants. Both options have advantages and disadvantages, so weighing the pros and cons of dentures vs implants is essential.
Our denture clinic and implant clinic offer personalized care and tailored solutions to meet your unique needs.
Dental implants may be the perfect option if you are looking for a permanent solution for your missing teeth!
Let’s start with dental implants, which have become increasingly popular due to their numerous advantages over dentures.
Considering dentures vs implants, implants are a long-term solution that looks like your natural teeth. Implants consist of an anchor or screw-like titanium component and are fastened into the jawbone. They ultimately fuse with the bone to create a sturdy base for a crown or a bridge. Implants can offer a replacement for a single tooth or as a bridge for a few teeth missing in a row.
Dental Implants offer several benefits over dentures. Here are some key benefits to consider when choosing dental implants:
● The design of dental implants matches the color and composition of your existing teeth, creating a natural-looking smile.
● They are incredibly secure and stable, giving you the confidence to eat, speak, and smile without fear of movement or shifting.
● Implants require the same maintenance as natural teeth during regular brushing and flossing, as they are permanently affixed in the mouth.
While implants offer many benefits, there are also a few potential challenges to consider:
● Patients with a weak or degraded jawbone may find it challenging to secure the anchor screw for the implant. However, this can often be addressed with bone grafting or other techniques.
● Unhealthy or receded gums can also pose a challenge, but proper gum health can be maintained with good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups.
● While comparing implant vs denture cost, implants can be a more significant investment. However, many patients find that implants’ long-term benefits and comfort make them well worth the cost.
Now, let’s look at dentures which are removable prosthetic devices that can replace one or more missing teeth. They are made of acrylic resin and metal and sit on the gums. Dentures can provide a quick and easy solution to replace missing teeth, but they have several drawbacks.
● The material used to make the gum tissue for the dentures can be matched to your current gums, making the dentures blend in with your mouth for a natural look.
● Dentures are often affordable.
● They are easy to adjust to accommodate future tooth loss and can help maintain facial structure.
● Some people may struggle with keeping their dentures in place while eating and speaking, which can be frustrating.
● Partial dentures can increase the risk of infection or decay in surrounding teeth if they do not fit properly.
● Dentures do not look as natural as implants and require more maintenance, such as regular cleaning and soaking overnight, to keep them in good condition.
In conclusion, both of them have their advantages and disadvantages. At our denture and implant clinic in Markham, we understand your requirements and help you decide on your oral health and budget. While dental implants offer a natural-looking solution requiring minimal maintenance, they can be a significant investment than dentures. On the other hand, dentures are affordable but less durable and require you to care for and maintain more.
So, if you are still wondering, “are dentures cheaper than implants?” The answer is yes. However, remember that the cost difference is often reflected in the quality and longevity of the replacement teeth.
Visit Markham 7 Dental
At our dental clinic in Markham, we understand that every individual’s dental health goals and circumstances are different. That’s why we offer personalized care and tailored solutions to ensure that each patient receives the best treatment as per their situation. Whether you are considering dentures or implants, our team of experienced dentists will inform you of all the pros and cons of dentures vs implants so that you can make an informed decision.
We take pride in providing top-quality dental care in a welcoming and comfortable environment. Our dental staff are committed to providing oral care with the latest dental techniques and technologies.
Everyone deserves a healthy and beautiful smile to stay confident. So if you’re looking for a dentist in Markham, we invite you to our dental practice.