Everything You Need to Know About Partial Dentures
You deserve a beautiful smile. However, when you are missing teeth, this can cause you to hide this wonderful facial feature. A flawed smile can lower your self-esteem and self-confidence. It can also affect the health of your mouth as missing teeth can lead to bone loss. Luckily, by visiting a denture clinic, there are many options available to help you have that stunning, perfect smile, including partial dentures.
What are Partial Dentures?
Partial dentures are a removable set of teeth that form to your jaw and replace many of your missing teeth. These are not a full set of dentures and only replace a handful of teeth, not your full set of teeth. These devices appear natural so other individuals will not even know you are wearing them.
What are Partial Dentures Made From?
Partial dentures are made from metal and acrylic. This combination of materials gives them the durability to handle many daily tasks such as eating and speaking. With these dentures, you can often eat in them with few problems. You should be able to bite down, talk, and laugh with ease.
However, there are several types of dentures available in Markham and you must work with your dentist to determine the best option for your condition and oral health.
What are the Drawbacks to Partial Dentures?
When you visit a denture clinic in Markham and choose partial dentures to replace several missing teeth, you should be aware of the drawbacks of these devices. A few things you should know include:
- While they can improve your appearance, they can affect the way you speak.
- They are durable, but they are not as stable as implants or bridges.
- Partial dentures can break. You must take extra care with them.
- You should have your dentures inspected and adjusted regularly in Markham.
- These devices must be cleaned and maintained well.
How Do You Care for Partial Dentures?
When you visit a denture clinic, a professional will provide detailed information regarding the proper care and maintenance of the device. A few guidelines you will likely be asked to follow include the following:
- Daily brushing is necessary for the dentures.
- You should only brush using a brush with soft bristles.
- You should rinse the dentures with warm water. To deep clean, use a denture-cleaning solution.
- Rinse the dentures after eating each meal.
- You may soak the partial dentures in mouthwash to improve the taste and smell of the devices.
- Never sleep or wear your partial dentures overnight. This can cause irritation and discomfort in your mouth. It can also increase your risk of infection.
There are many benefits to choosing partial dentures as a treatment option. If you have any questions about these devices, contact a denture clinic in Markham today.